07 April 2009

While You Were Sleeping...

I can't pretend to be a blogger anymore with the rate of activity here at OTW asymptotically approaching nil, but that doesn't mean I've disappeared. In addition to the still-running Shows of the Week and mostly regular Minimixes, here are some other links and blurbage to keep you up to date with all things Ned:

  • First off: concert reviews. I'm still going to see music and writing reviews. Right now I've been enlisted to contribute to The House List which is an in-house Bowery Presents blog. These guys put on pretty much every halfway decent show in the tri-state area, so it's a damn good gig which I'm super happy to have. I've already turned in quite a few reviews, so check 'em out and keep up with me... I've been limited in my verbiage, which is probably a good thing for you, the loyal reader. Check out reviews of Josh Ritter, The New Deal, Les Claypool et al, Clem Snide, Puss 'N Boots, and Elvis Perkins Dearland.
  • Besides that blog, the best way to keep up with me in all forms is through Twitter and Google Reader.
  • More online reviewage, this time in Nedstalgia form: Remembering Clifford Ball over at Hidden Track.
  • I went to Japan back in January. Meant to write something up about that, but alas... check out my photos here if you're interested.
  • Been eating burgers at a torrid pace since last I posted around here. Burgerlist updated.
  • Minimixes may or may not be posted here. If you are interested in getting the info in your inbox weekly, please let me know and I'll add you to a low-key mailer.
  • Ethan Iverson interviewing David King on Phil Collins. Best thing you'll read today.
  • Couple other shows I've seen in the last couple weeks. Allmans + Jimmy Herring and JB @ Beacon = awesome. I posted the Les Brers on Friday in the mix and it is sickness. Wow, that was good.
  • Lastly, Phish Hampton... I was lucky enough to have good people being all good people on me and made it down for Friday and Saturday. Way down. See if you can find your fearless freak in this photo. I believe those shows were the most documented concerts of our lifetimes, so I'll spare the review. A couple comments. Music aside, the smiles on the faces of the band were enough to make me happy about Phish again. Or more so, at least. I haven't even listened to it again, but the 2nd set on Saturday night was sublime -- perhaps in the conversation for best ever. The Ghost. Yes. Those shows made me feel very old and very young at the same time. My mind and soul felt like it was 1993 again (and the music had that old school air about it), but my body couldn't have taken a third night, although it was there for the taking. Looking forward to a show or two this summer.
  • By the way, I need Jones Beach tickets!

No comments: