21 July 2011

the minimix returns! (...but does it jam? 2011)

OK, I'm going to try and bring back the weekly minimix, but this time I'm just doing Spotify/Rhapsody playlist links, so it's easy for me and you and 100% legit.

Following up on some online conversation about what it means to be a "jamband" and the current psych/indie/neo-prog bands and whether we should be calling it "jam" again. This week's is the first look at some new music that may or may not fit into that category. I'll have another similar batch next week.

Enjoy!

Spotify link
Rhapsody link

01 It's Him! -- White Denim
02 Ice Cream -- Battles
03 Lemonade -- Braids
04 Tulip -- Here We Go Magic
05 White Out -- Woods
06 Thought Ballune -- Unknown Mortal Orchestra

(let me know if you have any issues with the links)

No comments: