27 December 2012

2012:: Favorite New Musical Discoveries

My obsession within my musical obsession is discovering new music and 2012 was a great year for finding new musicians and bands to whet my appetite. Mostly these are discovered through twitter, blogs, opening acts with a major assist from my subscription service of choice, MOG. And I've been doing my part to pass these on to my loyal followers via my picks of the week.



My top 5 discoveries which in 2012 I saw both live and had excellent new music released in 2012:
  • Assemble Head In Sunburst Sound
  • Mmoss
  • Spirit Family Reunion
  • Matthew E. White
  • Jonathan Wilson 
Honorable mention: Shanir Blumenkranz's Abraxas, The Amazing, Conduits, Django Django, Robert Ellis, Gosta Berlings Saga, Hospitality, Howlin' Rain, Jaill, Little Barrie, Anais Mitchell, The Pines, Prince Rupert's Drops, Quick and Easy Boys, The Sheepdogs 

Here is a playlist with my new discoveries:


Here is my pick of the week playlist, charting my album picks back over a year.

No comments: