Sorry no review yesterday, but you know what? There's been nothing to review, goddamnit! I'm going to try and change that, but who knows... here's a what-to-watch version of the links.
I guess I can "review" the season premier of the thank-God-it's-back Friday Night Lights from last week. My biggest fear from last year, even when I was singing its praises, was that they'd exhaust every conceivable interesting plot line in the first season just trying to keep the show alive that they'd have nothing left for subsequent seasons. Without spoiling anything from Friday's episode, it's quite possible that this is the case. But that was still some damn good television, nonetheless and I'll remain a faithful fluffer of FNL until otherwise persuaded.
I'm still wading through some DVR action, but haven't found too much to get excited about that's new this year. I've found "Chuck" to be cheeseball enjoyable and am looking forward to checking out "Pushing Daisies" when I get the chance, but otherwise I'm sticking with the bread and butter that got me through last year's television diet. What have you got for me? What should I be giving a chance to?
On to the links...
- Speaking of Friday Night Lights, here are some people speaking about FNL:
- Both Heather Havrilesky and Bill Simmons sing praises and urge you to watch slightly more eloquently than I might while this guy isn't sure the new plot twists don't spell the beginning of the end of the greatness.
- Make up your own mind and get involved: full eposides available for viewing from NBC.
- Kinda TV related, go here and check out a marvel of advertising. (after it loads, click on "Play-Doh ad") Holy shit, how did they do that? Cool!
- More to file under the "holy shit" category, golf season is all but over here on the Island, but check this shot out.
- Brother Liff has been a concert-going maniac lately. Check out videos and reviews of Apollo Sunshine/Dr. Dog, The Sea and Cake, Iron & Wine.
- Speaking of Iron & Wine, here's a whole show courtesy of NPR. I'll try to track that out for y'alls in the near future, assuming I ever get a moment to serve the constituents again.
- Have you gotten your Radiohead yet? No, neither have I.
- Maybe I'm shoving the St. Vincent down your throats a bit, even getting called out on it last week. Hey, you're not supposed to love everything I throw at you, just happy if you give it a try. Liffy pointed out some good video of Annie doing that Dig A Pony like I saw down at ACL... except in the back of a cab. So if you ain't no hata, check 'er out.
- Hey, Neddy, what do you do? Well, I do lots of things, this is one of them, if I may pimp out the Nedcomplishments... which I may. Rock on!