Indulge me for a paragraph and I'll throw something decent and a lil' more LJ your way...
First day of the NCAA's and I can't let it slide without at least mentioning "The Snub" as we're calling it with a capital "S." The shit's been hashed over aplenty, with the best work again by Baxter and Waters over at Syracuse.com. My favorite thing about this has been watching Boeheim just all over the place pleading his case. I don't recall as heavy a PR blitz just laying into the selection committee quite like this. I liken it to a good coach working the refs early in the game on some questionable calls and then getting all of them to fall his way during crunch time... I just don't see how we get screwed again. Anyway, last Cuse post until next year unless we end up winning the NIT!
Check out Boeheim on PTI here
His press conference here
Jimmy on the radio making a pretty damn good case
We could go on... by the way, if you'd like to be in my NCAA pool, get in touch before noon on Thursday. Onto some more links...
- If you haven't seen this video yet, get geeky
- David Byrne speak -- you listen
- Tasty music links, downloads and streams for the discerning listener:
- Jarnow's Frow show
- In anticipation of their new album, Prog, The Bad Plus will be teasing with new tracks on their Myspace every couple of weeks
- Friend of OTW, Ted R. does better than good work with his EC podcast every week, it's more than just a bunch of Panic tracks... he may have outdone himself this week
- Speaking of Ted, he dropped this great This American Life clip on me which I enjoy as both a scientist and a parent.
LJ: Is this on TV?
LJ: Like, do you think people are watching us right now on TV.
LJ: How do you know?
Dad: Well, uhh... where are the cameras?
LJ: I want to be on TV.
Dad: Do you think people would want to watch this?
LJ: Yeah! Everyone in the world could watch me....
LJ: ...except the people who don't know me.