The 40th anniversary of Star Wars passed a couple weeks ago without mention here at OTW. It was the first movie I ever saw, and probably constitutes my earliest memory (I was only 3), so it probably merits something around here. In honor of that, here's a linkdump entirely of Jedirific nods (many swiped from BoingBoing):
- I think I've posted this link before, but it still keeps me awake at night thinking about it... anyway, here is a way cool geeked out realization of what Episode III implies for the original film.
- Business cards
- Jim Emerson writes about the movie changing everything.
- Best shit is on YouTube, though, of course:
Plenty more out there... your favorites?
And the rest of my weekly haul:
- Friday Night Lights is coming back... check out the repeats this summer to get in shape for next season.
- If you or anyone you know is even remotely thinking that Rudy Guiliani is a good idea, please read this and pass it on.
- Going to see the Sea and Cake tonight... Liffy saw 'em earlier this week
- Ruben Bolling worth the price of a Salon subscription and then some...