28 June 2007

Links of the Week

This week seemed to revolve around a lot of those special someone's in OTW's musical wheelhouse, so the confluence of such pokes in the ribs will guide this week's links. Hang in there and I'll give y'all some tasty stuff to download... a couple laughs and your weekly reason to keep living, etc. all included.

  • Wayne Krantz. Do I need to say more? Sometimes a musician, a music and a room combine to create something intrinsically otherworldly. Nothing compares to Krantz at the 55 Bar and Thursday -- tonight -- Wayne will play his last gig there. If you know, you know... if not, believe me. Nothing defines what it means when we say "New York City live music scene" more than crowding into 55 Christopher St. in anticipation of what galaxy Krantz (and preferably Lefebvre and Carlock in tow) might launch us into. Fare thee well!
  • Another NYC band that held fast to my soul for extended periods over the past 5 years was Rana. I wish I could say there was a Rana gig on the horizon, but alas! Thankfully, an historic epic Rana show was recently uploaded to YouTube in its entirety and it is quite the treat! This was the night the band was celebrating the release of their first album, Here in the USA (JJ throws out a track for you here) at the legendary CBGB's. This just happens to be the first time Rana dug their claws deep into me and didn't let go (I miss you!). See what you can make of this clip and check 'em all out here.


While I'm posting videos, I may as well veer sharply toward the hilarious... Triumph at the Tony's if you haven't seen this yet:



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for uploading that St Vincent set!

Anonymous said...

St. Vincent link broken -- help me Neddy you're my only hope....

-Bob Frapples

neddy said...

The mediafire link was good. The Vincent link to her site has been fixed, thanks for the heads up, Frapples.

Unknown said...

SICK on the Krantz links, holy jeebus....I'll be trying to get over there tonight...