Let's get right to it, keeping it music related and short and sweet...
- First off a lil' something for you to listen to on this Thursday. Cat Power wins the Shotlist Prize. In honor of that, I've split up her semi-recent NPR gig for you. Quite a show, plays the entire "Greatest" album and a whole slew of other stuff including some sweet-level covers. Fun for the whole family... download: part 1 part 2 and enjoy! Review of my February encounter w/ Cat Power here.
- Caught Akron/Family last night (thanks JJ!. Review next week (wild, wild stuff, lemme tell ya!), but Danfun shot it in full technicolor way better than I did. Check 'em out here.
- Liffy sees music (Feist & Apollo Sunshine) and reviews.
- Finally, let's get a little Ribot on your ass. Following up on the mix from a couple weeks ago, a few must-reads in Marc Ribot's quest to eke out a living being one of the sickest guitar players on the planet.
- Jesse has a great interview with Marc on the state of not just the downtown music scene, but the death of American culture as we know it.
- On the same topic, here's a diatribe written by the man himself up at AllAboutJazz.
- Marc's playing for free at the WFC on 7/17 in what promises to be something special, no doubt.
- A decent wide-ranging interview from a couple years ago.