05 October 2006

Link(s) Of the Week

I've got two links under the subheading: I'm frightened for my children's future.

The first is Hip Hop Harry which I stumbled across the other morning. Usually my daughter, Lily, has a certain morning routine which involved certain morning television, of course all of it vetted by me. Her usual 7am show has been Magic School Bus on the Discovery Channel. But Monday morning we were disappointed to find out that we'd been co-opted by Mr Harry. It was a total rubberneck, but I couldn't look away no matter how I tried. It was so amazingly awful, it felt like some po-mo sketch comedy out of the Bob & David school, but alas, these kids were dead serious.

when I say 'dance!' you say 'circle!' , say dance!
circle!
dance!
circle!

You can picture the guys who came up with this -- "it's like a cross between Barney and Vanilla Ice, what could be annoying about that?" Make it go away, Mommy!

Second link is via BoingBoing which I post without commmmmmment.

(although I forgot to add the link, which means I am an idiot, but still... it's there now. "I would like your finest food stuffed with your second finest.")

1 comment:

Liffy said...

you're ahead of the daily show, bravo!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=diH9m0EQgv0