09 October 2006

Photo: Holy f'in matrimony


Columbus Day is one of the more ridiculous holidays on the calendar, up there with Administrative Professionals Day and maybe Arbor Day (unbelievably, but I just pulled those two out of my ass and then I looked it up: they are on consecutive freaking days), but I'll always have a soft spot in my heart for the quasi long weekend as it was 7 years ago that the Big Squeeze (hit her with some love, you know you want to) and I finally tied the knot. 3 of the next 5 Columbi we spent at very good and old friends' weddings, which makes it quadruply sweet. As far as nuptials go, I cannot recommend the weekend more.

It was on this day, 10/10, actually, and we missed 4 local Phish outings to make it happen, so it must have been love. Seven years is a pretty nice amount of time. If every year were a day of the year, that would make it Sunday, which can only mean football, so we've got that going for us, unless it means Sunday School, in which case, blech! I've been joking with her about the Seven Year Itch and then I somehow contracted a top five case of poison ivy [shakes fist at God, I didn't mean that literally] and Marilyn Monroe has not moved in upstairs from us, for better or worse.

So, a big huzzah for gettin' hitched. This photo pretty much captures what it felt like. I can honestly say, I've never looked better.

No comments: